Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Scallops & Shallots

I enjoyed a delicious lunch today (warning: stop reading right now if you're currently feeling hungry!). As usual I spent about an hour in all between preparation, eating, and clean-up. Oliver enjoyed playing on the kitchen floor while I worked.

I have been making a concerted effort to eat more seafood -- a current favorite is wild sea scallops (the big ones), cooked until slightly brown and caramelized in a pan coated with melted butter and plenty of fresh lemon juice. I add a little sea salt, too, of course, and cook on both sides, only for a few minutes. Also enjoyed some whole wheat spaghetti (a special treat as I try to eat pasta only occasionally), tossed with shallots sauteed in olive oil -- yum! Steamed carrots with butter rounded out this meal. The scallops and shallots were from the Union Square Greenmarket. These particular scallops were some of the best I have EVER tasted. Not too shabby for a Monday lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment